1. Live streamingLive streaming your service is one of the best ways to reach your current members where they are, near and far, while also attracting new members. Live streaming allows new viewers to see what your service is like before they walk in the door, making it much more accessible and less daunting. Also, current members enjoy the convenience of receiving your message at home in case of illness or travel. COVID and the proliferation of remote working has spread people to different areas, allowing congregants to watch the service wherever they are, allowing them to stay connected. With a small equipment investment and a dedicated channel, you can live stream your services and reach people where they are – keeping communities connected.
2. InteractivityMaking your services more interactive is a way to allow your congregants to feel connected. Give them a voice. Keep them engaged. Maybe it’s voting on church issues, or creating trivia games to help make your service or youth groups feel fun and maybe add a little competitiveness. With the right software program and a little tech know-how, making things more interactive is a great way to connect.
3. Audio & VisualMany houses of worship use technology or screens to show announcements, produce podcasts, or connect with Bible apps during services. This does require investment, but a good audio and visual presence can take your service to the next level in terms of connectivity. Music is another big part of modern services, so having a great audio system is a must as well. Worship services can range from traditional piano/organ with voices, to contemporary music at rock concert levels. Many technologies exist today that allow you to share the power of audio and visual with the whole room.
4. Strong Online PresenceIn order to get more attendees to your service, you need to be able to be found online! A robust digital presence for your church is vital to connecting with new and current audiences. At the minimum, your house of worship should have:
- A responsive website designed with mobile in mind
- A social media presence. Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc.
- An email newsletter, text list etc.
- YouTube/Vimeo channel or other streaming service