Social video sharing has become an integral part of our daily lives. With the rise of social media platforms such as TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube, companies and brands have unprecedented opportunities to reach and engage with their target audience. One of the most effective ways to do this is through social video marketing.
But because of the nuances of each platform, a “one video fits all” approach won’t work.
Understanding the differences and catering to them when creating videos for social will help you get the most out of each platform. In this article, we’ll explore the power of social video strategy and how it can help you boost your video reach on each social site.
Intro to Video Marketing on Social Media
Social media video marketing involves creating and sharing videos on social media platforms to promote your brand, products, or services. Video content is a powerful tool that can help you connect with your audience by providing them with valuable and engaging content – and the sales results don’t hurt! According to a recent study by HubSpot and Wyzeowl, 79% of people say they’ve been convinced to purchase an app or piece of software because of a video.
Why Videos Are Important for Social Media Marketing
Videos are an effective way to communicate your brand’s message to your target audience. They bring your brand to life, making it more relatable and memorable. Videos can also help you increase engagement and drive traffic to your website. In fact, video content generates 1200% more shares than text and images combined. Plus, social algorithms are designed to prioritize video content because it keeps users on the platform for longer periods of time.
Tips for Creating Effective Social Media Videos
Here are some tips that can help you create videos that engage and convert your audience:
- Keep Them Short and Sweet
Social media users have short attention spans, so keep your videos short and to the point.
- Think Mobile First
Most of your viewers are on their mobile devices, so make sure your videos are optimized for mobile viewing. Use captions, large fonts, and clear visuals to ensure that your videos are easy to consume on a small screen.
- Use Eye-Catching Visuals
Visuals are a key component of effective social media videos. Use high-quality visuals that grab your audience’s attention and make your videos stand out.
- Add a CTA
Every social media video should have a clear call-to-action (CTA) that tells your audience what you want them to do next. Whether it’s to visit your website, sign up for your newsletter, or make a purchase, make sure your CTA is clear and compelling.
Social Media Video Strategy: A Breakdown by Platform
Different social media platforms have different audiences and require different types of video content. Here are some of the most popular platforms and tips for creating videos for each one.
- YouTube is the second-largest search engine in the world and has over 2 billion monthly active users. It’s a great platform for longer-form, educational content, such as tutorials, product reviews, and interviews. Although, on the short side is still good – the top performing videos on the platform are just under 3 minutes on average.
- Use the tools that YouTube has available to optimize your videos, such as annotation, links, and title tags. You will also want to use keyword-rich titles and descriptions to improve your video’s visibility in search results. Use custom thumbnails to grab your audience’s attention and make your videos stand out.
- Facebook has over 2.8 billion monthly active users and is a great platform for short-form, visually appealing videos.
- Use Facebook to share behind-the-scenes content, customer testimonials, and product demos. Since most Facebook videos are watched without sound, use captions and visuals. And since 65% are viewed on mobile, keep that in mind as well.
- Also note that with the autoplay feature of Facebook, the first few seconds of your videos need to be visually engaging enough to make someone stop scrolling.
- Instagram has over 1 billion monthly active users and is a great platform for short, visually stunning videos.
- Keep your videos to 60 seconds of less, and use it to showcase your products, share user-generated content, and highlight your brand’s values and culture.
- Use hashtags to improve your video’s visibility in search results. Use Instagram’s built-in editing tools to add filters, music, and other effects to your videos.
- Also consider using Hyperlapse. One way to pack more into a short video is using Hyperlapse, an Instagram app that allows you to easily create timelapse videos.
- TikTok is one of the most increasingly popular video sites with over 1 billion monthly active users. It’s a great platform for short, entertaining videos.
- Use TikTok to showcase your brand’s personality, share user-generated content, and participate in viral challenges and trends including adding trending hashtags to your videos if it makes sense.
- Also use TikTok’s built-in editing tools to add transitions, filters, and other effects to your videos.
- Add captions and text overlays to your TikTok videos can make them more accessible to viewers who may be watching without sound.
Social media video marketing is a powerful tool that can help you boost your brand’s reach and engagement. By understanding the different types of social media videos and optimizing your videos for each platform, you can create effective videos that resonate with your audience and drive action. With the right approach, social video strategy can be a game-changer for your brand.
Try Digital Joy Studio to easily create stunning social videos with ease, today. Learn more about Studio here.